Pure HMV Loyalty Limited - Rewards Club terms & conditions
We may amend these terms and conditions from time to time by posting the amended terms on www.purehmv.com. Please therefore check them when using your Card.
Joining the Rewards Club
2. You can join the Rewards Club by buying a purehmv card (‘Card’) either in participating stores or online. When you buy the Card in-store, the store acts as our agent to sell you the Card and lets us know of your purchase. If you buy the Card in-store, you will then need to register online at www.purehmv.com to activate the Card, before you can collect Points and claim rewards. To buy a Card online, you must apply through www.purehmv.com, and (if your application is accepted), we will then send your Card by post and activate it at the same time. We may refuse an application to join the Rewards Club for any good reason. After we have accepted an application, we may terminate the contract and your membership of the Rewards Club as described in paragraphs 11 and 12 below.
3. The contract is made between you and purehmv when you purchase the Card in-store or we accept your online application for a Card. By applying for a Card in-store or online, you agree to these terms and conditions, which govern your use of the Rewards Club to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions.
4. You must be 16 years of age or over, resident in the UK and register an email address to join the Rewards Club. Membership of the Rewards Club is limited to a maximum of one account per member.
5. Your Card is issued by and remains the property of purehmv. You must return your Card to us on request or destroy it if we so request. You are responsible for the security of your Card and for any transactions and/or redemption of points made using your Card. If you lose your Card or think an unauthorised person has become aware of any security code, password or Card number you should promptly contact us at the email address indicated at paragraph 34 below.
6. To join the Rewards Club you will need to pay the fee indicated at the store where you buy the Card or on www.purehmv.com. purehmv reserves the right to waive or alter the amount of this joining fee.
7. Your Card is for your personal use. It cannot be transferred and Points cannot be earned or used on your Rewards Account by third parties.
8. The Rewards Club is only for consumer use. The Card cannot be used for any transaction where the beneficiary is a business entity or for any other commercial purposes. Any Points earned on transactions that are not in accordance with any of the above, or which are completed in order to make a financial gain, will be deemed to be in breach of these terms and conditions.
Your Rewards Account
9. When we accept your application and you have registered online, a ‘Rewards Account’ will be created in your name to record Points to be earned by you.
10. When we register your membership of the Rewards Club, we will also register you as a customer of the Participating Retailers. This enables us, or our systems, to communicate with the Participating Retailers to load Points to your Rewards Account. purehmv reserves the right at any time to alter (a) the products included or excluded from the Rewards Club; (b) the products on which Points may be earned; (c) the amount of spend required to earn Points; (d) the number of Points per pence/pound of spend; (e) the number of Points required to get any item on www.purehmv.com; and (f) the Participating Retailers or their number or location. These changes will be posted at www.purehmv.com.
Cancellation of your Card and Rewards Account
11. If you breach these terms and conditions, or if you have misrepresented your details when applying for a Card or registering online, or if purehmv reasonably believes that you have breached these terms and conditions, made such a misrepresentation and/or abused the Rewards Club, your Card may be terminated or cancelled, any Points earned but not used may be cancelled and your Rewards Account closed without prior notice. purehmv reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary where a Cardholder is found to have abused the Rewards Club.
12. purehmv reserves the rights to (a) stop issuing Cards at any time; (b) alter or amend the terms and conditions of operation of the Card and/or the Rewards Club; (c) withdraw or cancel the Cards and/or the Points (including the redemption and issue of such), and/or (d) terminate the Rewards Club. We will not do any of the actions mentioned in paragraph 10(b), (c) or (d) without giving you reasonable notice so that you have reasonable time to claim any Rewards based on your Points.
13. A Cardholder may terminate his/her Card and/or Rewards Account at any time.
How to collect and use Points
14. Your Card can be used to earn points only at Participating Retailers in the UK and online at the online stores indicated at www.purehmv.com. Your Card can only be used to claim Rewards at www.purehmv.com for certain purchases from Participating Retailers.
15. Points expire if your account is inactive for a period of 12 months, however your Rewards Account and Card will remain valid, subject to paragraphs 25 and 26 below.
16. To collect Points for a transaction in a Participating Retailer's store, you must present your Card at the till at the time of purchase or within 30 days of the date of purchase. In the case of the latter, proof of purchase, using a till receipt, will be required for the Points to be credited via your Rewards Account online at www.purehmv.com. To collect Points for a transaction online with a Participating Retailer, the unique number on your Card must be input at the time of making the online purchase. You cannot claim points on purchases made before you joined the Rewards Club.
17. Points cannot be earned from the purchase of gift vouchers, gift cards, iTunes gift cards, mobile etop-up cards, tickets purchased online or warranties or other items indicated whether at www.purehmv.com or by the Participating Retailer.
18. Standard Points are earned at a rate of 1 point per penny in-store and 1 point per 2 pence online. We reserve the right to vary the rates at any time at our discretion and on reasonable notice to you and to offer bonus Points (additional to the standard rates) on certain products as selected by us from time to time and at our sole discretion.
19. Points will be added to your Rewards Account as soon as practicable, usually within 72 hours of your purchase from the Participating Retailer. Points cannot be used until added to your Rewards Account.
20. You can spend your Points only on www.purehmv.com. No redemptions can be made in-store or direct with Participating Retailers. We reserve the right to amend the time the Reward is made available to members of the Reward Club. The Rewards will change from time to time, will only be available for a limited period of time and are subject to availability. Some Rewards may only be available to persons who are 18 or 21 years and over, and on rare occasions we reserve the right to restrict a listed Reward to UK mainland shipping only. Other conditions may apply to Rewards from time to time; details of each Reward and any special conditions that apply thereto can be found on www.purehmv.com.
21. purehmv only issues Points and Rewards; all goods and services included in the Rewards or against which Rewards may be exchanged are provided by Participating Retailers or other third parties. The operator of the HMV Stores and the other Participating Retailers or third parties are separate companies from purehmv. Accordingly, purehmv cannot be held responsible for any delays, quality, standard, defects or failures in such goods or services. The Participating Retailer's or third party's terms and conditions will apply to your purchase or order of any goods or services from them.
22. Rewards may include tickets to attend an event organised by us, for example a signing or performance that is arranged in a Participating Retailer's store. In this case, purehmv cannot be held responsible if any such event is cancelled due to circumstances which we did not foresee or are beyond our control. Nevertheless, if the event is not run as planned, purehmv is entitled, in its sole discretion to inform the member as soon as possible and offer a full refund of Points if applicable to the individual case, and to withdraw the Reward. Any items being signed at events organised through purehmv or participating stores are for personal use only. Any items being found to be sold on external website for financial gain may result in purehmv membership being terminated.
23. Rewards can only be earned by the use of Points. No cash can be used for either full or partial payment for Rewards.
24. All Rewards that are sent by post will be sent to the latest shipping address we have for you. It is important that you keep your Rewards Account details up to date. It may be necessary for us to contact you to arrange a timed delivery or to confirm your details. In these instances, if no response is received within 30 days from the date the order is placed, then purehmv reserve the right to cancel the order and refund your Points.
25. Points and Rewards have no cash redemption value and cannot be exchanged, sold or transferred. Rewards must not be resold. Resale of Rewards will be treated as an abuse of the Rewards Club with the consequences set out in paragraph 12 above.
26. purehmv will reverse the associated Points earned if any Participating Retailer informs us that a transaction on which Points are earned is cancelled or reversed. For in-store returns, you must present your Card to the Participating Retailer's sales staff so that the Points awarded can be debited from the Card for the product being returned. For online returns, you must enter or provide your Card details to the Participating Retailer or its online system using the applicable means provided by them, so that the Points awarded can be debited from the Card for the product or service being returned or cancelled. It may not be possible to reverse Points which have been used for a Reward which has been sent to you, where the Rewards consist of goods or services (rather than vouchers). purehmv reserves the right to terminate a member’s Card where we reasonably believe this process has been abused.
Data Protection and your details
29. By providing your email and mobile details you are giving purehmv and associated hmv companies permission to send you marketing updates. You can of course opt-out from our communications at anytime.
30. We will send you details of our products and services and/or those of Participating Retailers only where you have given your consent.
31. We will also use your details from the application form and information on what you buy to help us manage the Rewards Club more effectively. We may share aggregated data with third parties in order to develop and enhance the Rewards Club. This is statistical data which will not include information that could identify any individual.
32. We will share your information with our associated companies and with Participating Retailers and with service providers to the Rewards Club and Participating Retailers who may use your details to help us manage and administer the Rewards Club.
33. It is important that your contact details are kept up to date in order that we can operate the Rewards Club effectively. Please keep your details up to date via your Rewards Account. You can also update your details at any time by emailing the address given in paragraph 36.
34. Any materials uploaded to the site, including survey's via purehmv voice, will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose
Customer Service Contact
35. The Rewards Club is operated and promoted by Pure HMV Loyalty Limited (company number 08384690), 7 Brighouse Business Village, Brighouse Road, Middlesbrough, Cleveland, UK, TS2 1RT., and subject to the laws of England. Customer service may be contacted by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
36. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and the English courts shall have jurisdiction over any disputes arising under or in relation to them and any contract made under them.
37. We have no obligations and you have no rights with regard to the Rewards Club save set out in these terms and conditions.
38. Participating Retailers are entitled to enforce these terms and conditions, but these terms and conditions and any contract made under them may be varied or rescinded with the Participating Retailers' consent. Subject to the foregoing, no third party has any rights under any contract made under these terms and conditions.
39. We have made reasonable efforts to ensure that the statements on www.purehmv.com are correct. Without prejudice to the foregoing, we make no representations save those set out in these terms and conditions.
40. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud (including fraudulent misrepresentation).
41. These terms and conditions prevail over any of our other communications and advertising materials.
Store Discount - Terms and Conditions
42. This reward entitles the purehmv member to purehmv credit to the value of £5, £10 or £20.
43. purehmv credit can be used against all products (except gift cards, iTunes vouchers, Xbox points or live subscriptions, PSN cards and downloads) in our hmv UK stores, but not in the Republic of Ireland.
44. Your purehmv credit will expire 6 months from the date you redeem your purehmv points on the www.purehmv.com.
45. Your purehmv credit will be transferred onto your purehmv card ready for the next time you shop in store. The hmv colleague will give you the choice of whether to use your purehmv credit at the point of purchase. You will not be sent a voucher through the post or by email.
46. Only one purehmv credit can be used per transaction.
47. Your purehmv credit will only be triggered at the till once the purchase amount is reached. For example you must spend at least £5 to use a £5 purehmv credit.
48. The value of a purehmv credit must be spent in one transaction and cannot be part spent. For example if you wish to spend £2.50 in store you cannot use a £5 purehmv credit.
49. Points will not be earned on the value of the purehmv credit when it is spent in store.
50. If a refund is made in store when a purehmv credit has been used, the purehmv credit amount will be transferred on to a gift card. Any remaining total balance will follow standard refund policy.
51. purehmv reserves the right to amend the points value required for this reward.
52. This reward is not transferable and no cash alternative is available.
*points will not be earned on gift cards, iTunes vouchers, Xbox points or live subscriptions and PSN cards